Sunday, February 13, 2011

15 minutes of fame



Hold on to your hats. I've been presented with a "Stylish Blogger Award" by my four-legged Australian friend Ms. Georgia LittlePea and her Typist. I am awash with. . . well, awashed-ness. . .with pride. Not bad for a blog-with-10-followers-2-of-whom-are-the-same-person, eh?

The caveat? Recipients must share 7 things about themselves. Which, of course, is kind of ironic because if you blog -- there's not too much to share: It all ends up in a post sooner or later.

Nevertheless.

I'm not sure I'll hit the magic 7 but here goes:

1. When I was little, I wanted to be a naturalist/writer like Gerald Durrell. (Read his stuff, it's timeless and hilarious.) However, I quickly realized being a naturalist involved sleeping on the ground, infrequent bathing and no indoor plumbing. THAT was a deal killer, even back when I was 10.

2. BUT now, if and when I finally grow up, I want to be a travel writer. . . . as long as beds and indoor plumbing are part of the package. Doesn't have to be fancy -- just sayin'.

3. In between being a travel writer, I want to own a food truck.

4. I won the "Ms. Prisma" pageant in high school. ("Prism" was the name of our school newspaper.)

It was a hard-fought battle -- the gym clothes competition alone was brutal --


but how many of us hear the words "Queen Mary" in their lives?


5. I am a recovering Cheetos addict. I've been clean and sober for almost 4 years -- well, until last Thursday. Sorry, Higher Power.

6. I've been to the Westminster Kennel Club dog show, which, by the by, starts tomorrow. I will be glued to the TV and will have to expand on that in a later post, but the upshot: Some people really DO look like their dogs.


7. Whew. I'm exhausted. That's a lot of disclosure in one sitting. Good night and THANK YOU.

P.S. Sorry for the bad pix - no scanner (but they're still damn funny).

1 comment:

  1. dear Queen Mary Ms Prisma,

    i really enjoyed the disclosure. that alone was worth giving you the award :p as for having 10 followers..pshaw...that makes you a boutique blog. i am partial to boutique blogs, being one myself.

    as it turns out, i am a HUGE gerald durrell fan. i too fantasized about being a friend to animals [other than maggots, worms and caterpillars]. i fantasized even more about living in corfu [which i have yet to get to despite having been to other greek isles].

    this is becoming a bloody letter isn't it?

    i just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking part in yet another exciting project. i might have promised you the last time not to involve you again in such spontaneity. so i will not promise that here again, in case i break the promise again.

    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! and have a good day out at the dog show. take pics of owners who look like their dogs because by some strange coincidence, i think doggie stylish just made a post about that too.

    okay, now this is becoming a novel.

    bye.

    ReplyDelete