Sunday, February 13, 2011
15 minutes of fame
Hold on to your hats. I've been presented with a "Stylish Blogger Award" by my four-legged Australian friend Ms. Georgia LittlePea and her Typist. I am awash with. . . well, awashed-ness. . .with pride. Not bad for a blog-with-10-followers-2-of-whom-are-the-same-person, eh?
The caveat? Recipients must share 7 things about themselves. Which, of course, is kind of ironic because if you blog -- there's not too much to share: It all ends up in a post sooner or later.
I'm not sure I'll hit the magic 7 but here goes:
1. When I was little, I wanted to be a naturalist/writer like Gerald Durrell. (Read his stuff, it's timeless and hilarious.) However, I quickly realized being a naturalist involved sleeping on the ground, infrequent bathing and no indoor plumbing. THAT was a deal killer, even back when I was 10.
2. BUT now, if and when I finally grow up, I want to be a travel writer. . . . as long as beds and indoor plumbing are part of the package. Doesn't have to be fancy -- just sayin'.
3. In between being a travel writer, I want to own a food truck.
4. I won the "Ms. Prisma" pageant in high school. ("Prism" was the name of our school newspaper.)
It was a hard-fought battle -- the gym clothes competition alone was brutal --
but how many of us hear the words "Queen Mary" in their lives?
5. I am a recovering Cheetos addict. I've been clean and sober for almost 4 years -- well, until last Thursday. Sorry, Higher Power.
6. I've been to the Westminster Kennel Club dog show, which, by the by, starts tomorrow. I will be glued to the TV and will have to expand on that in a later post, but the upshot: Some people really DO look like their dogs.
7. Whew. I'm exhausted. That's a lot of disclosure in one sitting. Good night and THANK YOU.
P.S. Sorry for the bad pix - no scanner (but they're still damn funny).