Thursday, March 3, 2011

A light dusting of snow: The sequel




Y'all will be happy to know that our light dusting of snow has turned into a heinous crust o' crap.

So it goes in Bermtopia.

BUT.

I do have a couple of responses to comments I received on yesterday's post.

That being said. I'm a dweeb. Darned if I can't figure out how to comment back to myself and therefore respond to responses. Now that I just said that, it sounds a little bipolar. Maybe it's a good thing I can't talk to myself.

Pause. Pause. Pause.

Whatever:

Ms. Little Pea:
The lamp shade actually is a delightful little paper construct we found in a shop in Kyoto some years back. The store was full of these beautiful treasures -- some tiny like this, some 3 feet tall. Mine is so delicate it dances in the air year-round.

I don't know what they they call them (I'll check with The Miz when she's back from Japan), but large and small, they are wonderful and delicate and I wish I could have brought about 10 more back with me. Unfortunately, this dinky, stinky close-up photo Does Not Do Justice to this lovely little piece of art


AND

Mimi and Popi: True confession -- I'm using a Panasonic Lumix point-and-shoot. I mess around a lot with macro, even on wide shots, and ramp up and down on exposure. Then I delete a whole bunch o' sh*t that's really bad and do damage-control on the rest in iPhoto.

P.S. Ben says "Hey" to Doc and Abby.

So there you have it. The secrets of Bermtopia. At least for tonight.

And on one other small and completely unrelated matter: NO MORE FREAKING SNOW, OK?

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad i popped by. running late like the mad hatter. thanks for the explanation. japan has so many beautiful paper products. i find it hard to even eat the cakes and sweets because they've been so carefully, gorgeously, exquisitely wrapped.

    "heinous crust o crap" ....my god! what a way with words :)

    ReplyDelete