Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bon voyage, 50s!


It was nice knowing you. As were the 40s and 30s. The 20s and the Teens -- well, that was mixed bag of college finals, acne, cheap beer and meeting and marrying the love of my life. Not necessarily in that order of transcendence if you know what I mean.

I'm going to have to arm wrestle the 60s a bit. Rest assured, though, there's a blog about singing toilets and Swedish meatballs in your near future.

Some things never change -- no matter how many birthday candles on the cake.

4 comments:

  1. May this be your best decade yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, does this mean I should start showing you more respect?

    Happy birthday Queen! For what it's worth, you sound a whole lot younger than 60 ;) Big hug X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mary on celebrating another "big birthday." I can't wait to hear if your toilet can hold a tune and how the Swedish meatballs help make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm beginning to hate birthdays....how the hell did I get this old anyway? And why does a different part of my anatomy begin to ache or hurt each week now? .... I know I always said I wasn't going to grow old gracefully...and I ain't... it is going to be a swear fest til the bitter end.....absolutely.

    Happy belated birthday to you ..... and pass one of those tasty sounding meatballs please...

    ReplyDelete