Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cartoon character

Friday morning, I grabbed my trusty cellphone to take the perfect spring photo: I had watered early and there it was -- one shell-pink tulip, surrounded by its purple, yellow, red and magenta brothers and sisters, coated in crystal water drops. It was really quite lovely.

You'll have to take my word for it, however. Because my cellphone camera would. not. focus. I did everything -- tapped the screen, pinched and swiped, turned it on and off. The damn thing would not focus. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures: I did what any self-respecting minion of technology would do -- I started to randomly tap buttons on the camera screen. This did not fix my focus problem (that only happened by letting my phone sit on my desk for 3 hours) but what a world opened up before me.

Unbeknownst to me, my cellphone camera has f.e.a.t.u.r.e.s. All these years (well, all two of them or so), I was missing Macro, Landscape, Panorama, Sports and Action Shot, Party/Indoor a.n.d. Cartoon.

WTF!?

I did what any self-respecting technology newbie would do. I selected Cartoon and snapped a picture of the item closest to me: Spuds.




I. made. Cartoon Spuds. 

This made me giddy with accomplishment.

I created a Cartoon Salade Nicoise.


















I shot Saran Wrap. Ugh.





Lesson learned: Some things Cartoon better than others. I DO NOT have a zillion black ants crawling across the kitchen counter.








I Instagrammed a Cartoon Ben.


















And, of course, I had to have a Cartoon Selfie.

Naturally, I shared my Cartoons. Who doesn't share the latest and greatest in cell phone technology?

Certain Facebook friends begged me to stop. Apparently not everyone shares my enthusiasm for re-imaging life as a graphic novel. Party poopers.

But never mind. I'm having fun.

And, oh, that lovely shell-pink tulip? Well, the pristine moment has long passed.















But not the Cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment