Monday, August 4, 2014

How I spent my summer vacation

Well.

Hello there.

I seem to recall something about this blog.

Oh. That's right. It's MINE.

Welcome back, me.

With this, my 500th post, let me catch you up on summer in Bermtopia.

It all started with a trip to the emergency room with the Mom Unit the first weekend in June.

And Le Grande Macaron Tour. (There will be more about that over at the also-sadly-neglected Because I Said So Kitchen later.)

Annnndddd ANOTHER trip to the emergency room with the Mom Unit.

This go-round resulted in her hanging in a skilled nursing facility for two weeks. The Mom Unit was not impressed.

But we did watch a lot of World Cup. And she's back to fighting form.

Take THAT, Disturbance in the Force.
I seem to recall our purchasing a single-family attached home condo just outside Portland right around the Fourth of July.

And selling the Nine One Four last week.
This is the cleanest eff-ing house in Bermtopia.
This all in between 1,483 trips to Goodwill.

And. Oh. By the way. I retire in 25 days. . .

Move to Portland. . .

And await the arrival our first grandson in September.

But other than that, it's been a pretty quiet summer in Bermtopia.
Please tell me there are Milk Bones in Portland.


2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that you found a new home in Oregon What will become of Bermatopia? We, too, moved in June to a much smaller Townhouse in the city. Then we droe to Oregon for the 4th of July and on to Seattle to visit family and friends. Lovely summer. Enjoy retirement, it is wonderful and congrats on the new grandson-in-the-making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermtopia will live on -- just a wetter version.

      Delete