Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Earmuffs (Subtitle: I'll be going to my happy place now)


I had my first 2010 earmuff sighting this morning.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Especially on the heels of this Seattle Times article that ran last week. In my simple world, the words "winter" and "whopper" should never, ever be used in the same sentence.

And especially as my roses, nasturiums and impatiens are throwing off a vibrant and bittersweet last hurrah of blooms right now. (When you can see them, that is. They're also buried underneath about 3 tons of pine needles that have dropped over the last week. Another clever way Bermtopia reminds you fall is in the air.)


Ah, yes. It's October in Bermtopia. Brilliant 70-degree days; clear, frost-free nights (for the time being at least); and women who wear earmuffs on their morning walks.

That's why I love Bermtopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment