Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The best and the brightest



Those who know me well will tell you I cross over to the dark side this time of year. I'm sorry. I'm Scandinavian. It's the way we're wired. Read "Out Stealing Horses" or "The Girl" series by Stieg Larsson and you'll get the picture. However, lucky for you I'm Danish -- we're supposedly the "happy" Scandihoovians.

Anyway.

A couple of days ago, a boisterous wind storm shook down most of our remaining (glorious) fall foliage. And this morning, we awoke to about 2 inches of 7-Minute Frosting-thick wet snow on the ground. In 48 hours, we've gone from a world electrified by vivid Technicolor shades of red, gold, orange and green to one muted by snow and watery shades of gray, black and white. Crap.

Nevertheless. Our little snow storm blew through by mid-morning, rewarding us with a beautiful, briskly sunny afternoon that ever-so-gently began to hint at the single-digit temperatures right around the corner.

Ah, but I did love the sunlight. The brightness.

So here's where I'm going with this: Every once and awhile, when it seems especially bleak and dank, I'm going to go through my photo files in search of The Best and the Brightest. I'll post them here and stare at them numbly, hours on end, until hopefully I remember the primary colors.

Please, feel free to join me.



It will be my blogospheric equivalent to a SAD light.



Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment