Tuesday, November 2, 2010

O.M.G.


I mean, OMG. I've been called to jury duty. Call out the freakin' National Guard. My life is complete.

Geek spoiler alert: Chalk it up to one too many viewings of "12 Angry Men," but I've ALWAYS wanted to be called for jury duty. However, in my 36 years as a registered voter -- in four different states, I might add -- I've NEVER been called. Never.

I was starting to take it kinda personal.

To be honest, I'm not exactly called to jury duty -- it's more like fill-out-this-questionnaire-and-we'll-see-if-you're-QUALIFIED-for-jury-duty. However, I'm more than a little confident I'll make the cut after reading this insert in my jury duty letter:



The questionnaire was short and to the point, assessing my U.S. citizenship (yes), mental status (depends on the day), marital status (taken) and employment (for the moment, at least). Finding a -- excuse me -- No. 2 pencil AS CLEARLY SPECIFIED in the questionnaire posed the greatest challenge of the evening. But a No. 2 pencil was located (sharpened even) and said questionnaire is complete and goes out in the mail tomorrow.



I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So help me God.

P.S. What's up with the cheery "Go paperless" when they send six pieces of paper to begin with?

P.P.S. Yo, District Court! If you read this, I REALLY am good juror material. And I promise I won't blog a peep.

No comments:

Post a Comment