Wednesday, October 2, 2013

40 degrees

Screw the government shutdown.

There are much bigger things we need to focus on right now.

The Keurig served up a regular cuppa joe this morning. THAT hasn't happened in months.

A nuclear reactor in Sweden was shut down by freaking j.e.l.l.y.f.i.s.h.

And when the sweet dulcet sound of my radio alarm clock pitched on at 5:30 this morning, the first thing I heard was a chirpy "And it's 40 degrees outside right now."

Do the math, people. That's 8 degrees away from bleeping freezing.

There's nothing chirpy about 40 degrees. Nothing.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it a bit early for winter? Why has the government shut down? I just read that on my FB news feed, some friend getting caught there on holiday. I'd better go read some online news. Rug up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hit 36 degrees in New Mexico (near Albuquerque) this week! Egads! Winter may indeed be early this year. I think I'll go on a Mediterranean cruise!! 2 more weeks I fly to Athens and forget about this shutdown for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete